Lake Worth CERT
"Ready to Respond"
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help. CERT members also are encouraged to support emergency response agencies by taking a more active role in emergency preparedness projects in their community.
The City of Lake Worth needs
Volunteers for CERT
The basic requirements to be eligible for becoming a member of the LW CERT are:
- Citizen or legal resident of the United States of America;
- Reside or work in the City of Lake Worth (program’s leadership or City of Lake Worth Emergency Mngt Coordinator may waive this provision);
- Must successfully pass a background check at the discretion of the Police and Fire chiefs;
- Must be at least 17 years of age;
- Must have a valid government issued photo identification;
- Must have an interest in the LW CERT mission;
- Must agree to abide by the provisions of the Bylaws and other operational orders of the LW CERT program.
For more information on CERT
go to the CERT Website
If you are interested in becoming a Lake Worth CERT member please contact the Lake Worth Fire Department @ 817 237-7461 or email Mike Voorhies at email@example.com.
CERT Meeting / Training Schedule
April 11, 2011
July, 11, 2011
October 10, 2011
6:30 PM @ LW Multi Use Facility
To take the online introductory course for CERT go to the following link
Next CERT Class starts TBD