Welcome to the City of Lake Worth's Virtual Rec Center! This platform was designed with you in mind. Use these resources to help keep everyone in your house, from young children to spirited seniors, engaged and entertained! It is time to lift your mind, bodies and spirits.
We have listed dozens of FREE resources to help keep you moving, challenged and creative. We would love to see you engaged with these resources so tag us when you #playsafeinlakeworth
Please note we are not affiliated, we do not endorse, and we do not collect any funding from any of these resources that are attached.
Stay Interactive - Explore a Museum or Live Zoo:
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Google Earth
- San Diego Zoo
- Houston Zoo
- NASA Live Brodcast
- The Great Wall of China
- Van Gogh Museum
- The Louvre Museum - Paris
- Google Arts & Culture
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- George Washington Museum
Given the circumstance, just because we are social distancing doesn't mean we can't connect indifferent ways! Try one or a couple of these out. Ideas are welcome! What are you doing to stay connected?
- Call or Facetime a friend or relative you haven’t spoken to in a while to check in.
- Write a letter or start a journal.
- Chalk your walk! Draw or write encouraging messages on your driveway or sidewalk with chalk. Head outside, take a walk and look for other prints and messages written by your neighbors.
- Support a local restaurant or small business. Many restaurants are still open for take out or delivery orders and many small businesses are doing virtual live sales.