Applications for employment are only accepted for positions that are currently posted below. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application but may be included with an application for employment.
To apply for one of the positions listed below, submit one completed City of Lake Worth Employment Application, along with copies of all applicable certificates required for the position to:
City of Lake Worth
3805 Adam Grubb
Lake Worth, Texas, 76135
Attn: Human Resources or fax the application to (817) 237-9684 or e-mail to Human Resources
The City of Lake Worth is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive benefit package to our team members. Benefits include, but are not limited to: Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance for the employee, supplemental benefit plans, deferred compensation plan, Texas Municipal Retirement System 7% participation @ 2:1 Match.
*All positions will remain open until filled, unless otherwise stated.
Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Teamwork, Equity
Street Maintenance Worker I $14.90 - $20.12 per hour
Assists in maintenance and repair operations including, but not limited to, pothole repair, utility cut repair, crack sealing, overlays, reconstruction, drainage facility cleaning, barricade construction, de-icing, street sweeping and vegetation control.
Operates equipment used in maintenance and repair of city streets and right-of-ways, Makes oral reports regarding daily progress, Maintains building and grounds housing the street department, Performs minor welding activities when required, Mow, weed eat and clean right-of-way and drainage areas, Install and replace street signs, Assists in other department activities as needed, Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed, Work weekends, holidays and special events as needed, Other duties as assigned.
Valid Class C Texas driver license; must obtain a Class C water license and Class I wastewater license within three (3) years of employment.
Water Maintenance Worker II $15.87 - $21.49 per hour
Performs work necessary for the maintenance and repair of water mains, fire hydrants, wells, pump stations and customer water and sewer service lines, lift stations and sewer mains. Ensures all safety regulations are followed to maintain public health.
- Assists in maintenance and repair operations including, but not limited to, water leaks, meter change outs, lift stations, water and sewer lines, wells, pumps, and other operations related to water and sewer operations
- Operates equipment used in maintenance and repair of water and sewer projects
- Makes oral and written reports regarding daily progress
- Maintains building and grounds housing the water and sewer departments
- Assists in other department activities as needed
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed
- Work weekends, holidays and special events as needed
Valid Class C Texas driver license; Class C water license; Class II or C wastewater license. Required to obtain a CDL within the first year of employment.
Education & Experience: High School diploma or General Education Degree; two (2) years of verifiable experience in water and sewer maintenance operations.
Code Compliance Officer $20.19 - $27.26 per hour
(This position will be available as of October 1, 2021)
The purpose of this position is to ensure compliance with City codes and ordinances and coordinate the abatement of violations. This is accomplished by conducting inspections of properties and identifying violations.
- Enforces codes and ordinances by conducting inspections of properties, identifying ordinance violations, giving notices of violations and citations for non-compliance to both commercial and residential sectors.
- Interacts with the public by explaining ordinances and procedures to citizens.
- Maintains records by entering pertinent information such as inspection results, telephone contacts and deadline extensions into the computer system.
- Prepares investigation and abatement warrants for judicial review and executes said orders. Prepares cases for judicial process, to include photography of evidence.
- Presents evidence and testifies at court hearings and to the Substandard Building Board.
Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License; able to obtain Code Enforcement Certification by the State of Texas within one year of hire date.
Work requires a broad professional and technical knowledge to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes. High School diploma or GED; sufficient technical training to conduct code compliance inspections.
Utility Billing Clerk $17.50 - $23.63 per hour
Maintains utility billing records of all types. Responsible for customer service and accuracy of billing, payments, work orders, meter readings and all other aspects of utility billing, outlined below:
- Greets customers and collects payments for water, sewer, garbage, and miscellaneous items as needed.
- Enters various types of information into UB computer system including monthly meter readings, new customer information and updates all system data as required.
- Responds to customer inquiries and complaints either in person, by phone or by mail. Opens and processes utility payments received in the mail or through night drop.
- Verifies accuracy of monthly utility billing register and forwards to vendor for distribution to customers.
Must have and maintain a valid Class C Texas driver’s license
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); competency in Microsoft Office products and general computer literacy; one-year related experience is preferred.